Fee Schedule for Boarding
|19lbs or less||$28.00|
|19lbs or less – Medical||$38.00|
|20lbs – 49lbs||$31.00|
|20lbs – 49lbs – Medical||$40.00|
|50lbs or more||$37.00|
|50lbs or more – Medical||$48.00|
|Board – Medical||$35.00|
1. Pets that only require oral medications to be administered are charged routine board plus an
additional daily fee.
2. Diabetics: Well-regulated diabetic patients will generally be charged the routine boarding
fees. Newly diagnosed or uncontrolled diabetic patients will generally be charged the
medical boarding fees. Fee selection will be at the discretion of the veterinarian.
3. Medical boarding is defined as any boarder that requires intensive care beyond a normal
feeding schedule/diet and walking. Examples would include any pets that require injections,
diabetics, additional assistance to be able to walk, frequent bathing or cleaning due to
incontinence or soiling issues, etc.
1. You must be at least eighteen years of age or older, be able to identify yourself as the owner
or agent of the animal and have the authority to consent to its being boarded.
2. All animals must be current on vaccinations. Canines need a current DAP, Rabies, and
Bordetella vaccinations. Felines need a current FRCP and Rabies vaccinations. New clients
must provide proof of vaccinations.
3. The staff of Dunkirk Animal Hospital must be informed of any preexisting medical or
behavioral conditions prior to the pet being boarded.
4. The owner must certify, to the best of their knowledge, that the pet appears free from
5. If the pet is on any current medications, information must be provided explaining the
medication(s) name, dosage, and frequency of administration. Medications should be clearly
labeled. No loose medications please. Weekly pill organizers or pill boxes are recommended.
6. If your pet(s) are fed a specific or unique diet, it must be provided in sufficient quantity for
the expected period of boarding. Dunkirk Animal Hospital’s maintenance diet for boarded
pets does not include “wet” or canned foods. If Dunkirk Animal Hospital has to provide food
other than a maintenance diet it will be at the owner’s expense.
7. If you bring food for your pet, please package each meal in a separate, labeled, resealable
8. All animals must be free of external parasites (i.e. ticks, fleas, etc.) or they will be treated at
the owner’s expense.
9. If a tranquilizer is necessary for treatment or handling, Dunkirk Animal Hospital has the
owner’s permission to administer such medication.
10. Dunkirk Animal Hospital does not provide 24 hour supervision.
11. Discharges after hours are not permitted.
12. Personal items are left at the owner’s risk. Dunkirk Animal Hospital is not responsible for any
loss or damage.
13. One adult member of the family/household will be designated to handle all communication.
14. Dunkirk Animal Hospital’s boarding service is not staffed to manage pets that are recumbent
or incontinent to the degree that they require specialized care throughout their stay.
15. The owner understands that if they elect to board a pet (including puppies and kittens) with
no vaccination history or an incomplete vaccination schedule, that their pet will be at an
increased risk for illness and that Dunkirk Animal Hospital cannot guarantee their pet’s
16. Dunkirk Animal Hospital cannot guarantee the health of any animal, but pledges to give
appropriate care to all boarded pets. The owner understands that Dunkirk Animal Hospital
cannot not be held liable for conditions that are often unavoidable in boarding
environments, including, but not limited to, weight loss, “kennel cough” (tracheobronchitis),
upper respiratory infections, diarrhea, or external parasites.
17. In the event that the pet becomes ill, the owner will permit Dunkirk Animal Hospital to
provide all the necessary medical and/or surgical treatment(s). The owner acknowledges
that in the event of the pet’s illness, the staff of Dunkirk Animal Hospital may not be able to
contact the owner immediately and is therefore authorized to initiate appropriate treatment
until the owner can be contacted. The owner agrees to pay all related expenses associated
with the care and treatment of the pet until the owner is available to discuss further care
and fees with the attending veterinarian.
18. The owner understands that Dunkirk Animal Hospital is not responsible for any accidental
illness or injury incurred by my pet(s) beyond the control of the staff while visiting or
hospitalized at Dunkirk Animal Hospital.
19. The owner understands that if they fail to pick up the pet within five days of the expected
discharge date without appropriate notification and financial arrangements being made, the
pet will be considered abandoned and will be handled in accordance with Maryland state
law, and that doing so does not relieve the owner of their financial obligations.
20. Boarding is charged by the number of days that a pet is boarded at Dunkirk Animal Hospital.
21. Pets picked up after 1:00 pm will be charged for a full day of boarding.
22. Your pet may have a blanket if you wish, but Dunkirk Animal Hospital is not responsible if
your pet ingests any bedding and any subsequent complications. Appropriate bedding will be
provided by Dunkirk Animal Hospital.
Explanation of Financial Responsibility
Payment is due at the time of service. Dunkirk Animal Hospital (DAH) does not bill. DAH accepts cash,
personal checks, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). DAH requires a
driver’s license number on all personal checks. I understand that I may be required to pay a deposit. It
is the responsibility of the owner /agent to request an estimate for costs of services. Due to the highly
variable and unpredictable nature of an animal’s reaction or response to diagnostic(s), procedure(s),
operation(s), and/or medication(s), total fees for services rendered and products provided at the time
of your pet’s discharge may differ from the provided estimate. I acknowledge and accept full financial
responsibility for all services rendered and any products provided and understand that full payment,
via cash, credit cards, or check is due at the time of my pet’s discharge. I understand that delinquent
accounts are subject to interest at a rate of 1.5% per month with a processing fee of $5.00. I
acknowledge that in the event of default the balance may be placed with a collection agency. In the
event that legal action is required, I agree to pay for reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.